CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Lesson learned...........................

Ok, here goes.....this is my first time blogging. My BFF set me up yesterday and I'm not sure what to write about first. I am a stay-at-home mom of 3 (two 15 year olds and a 17 month old baby). We have what's called the "his, hers, and ours" family. I am happily married and just need somewhere to tell my stories and have people laugh and let me know they go through the same things. My BFF blogs and I love her stories, so I hope to be able to write mine even half as good as hers. So here is the first of many to come.

........ I spent the day with my BFF yesterday. We did the normal things that all BFF's do when together....sun, babes, and hair color. Our little ones Kenny(17 months) and Spanky(19 months) - who are also BFF's even though they don' know it yet - played pool side in the backyard while us older ladies spent the day coloring and highlighting my hair. I am one of those girls who can't wait to have someone who's trained do my hair, so I always end up at my friends house to have her do it. First we did a dark color all over and then we highlighted. Now, anyone who has highlighted before knows that pulling through a cap SUCKS!! Not only did we pull my long hair through a cap but, we did it outside in 80 degree weather while watching babes play in the pool. It wasn't until my BFF noticed my hair was wet that she figured we should go inside. I was sweating under the cap, not perspiring, but full on sweating and every strand she was pulling was wet. Anyone who has ever colored/highlighted hair knows that your hair has to be dry (and dirty) to obtain best results,so the whole sitting in the sun and "highlighting" wasn't going to work. So unfortunatley, we moved inside and finished playing beauty school where it was nice and cool. My BFF had a great idea for my hair when we started and it would have worked really well, if my hair had played by the rules. After applying the highlighting mixture we were going to let the first coat sit for a little while and then do again. In theory this would cause two different highlighting effects. HA-HA, like I said, my friend had a great IDEA. Long story short, my hair came out really really blonde, I didn't like it much (not the BFF's fault at all, she pretends to be a hairdresser really well), and I baught another color to do again this morning......he-he.

Lessons learned.............

  • never wear cap in 80 degree weather......and
  • WAIT until you can afford to have someone trained do your hair!!

2 comments:

Dave Hahn said...

In my own defense bizatch, I thought it looked good. I think you should stay a blond, if for no other reason than an excuse.

Misty said...

I think your hair looks fine! Can you do dark highlights with it (not outside in the sun)?