CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

First Unofficial Haircut.......

My little girl Kenny is 1 1/2 years old and doesn't have too much hair yet. She has really fine hair just like her mommy and big brother who didn't even get enough hair to have a haircut until he was 5.
I took her this last weekend to LolliLocks and thought I would just see how much they wanted to cut her hair........holy cow, $15.99 for her first cut! I thought that was a little much, that's more than the big kids pay for thier haircuts and they have plenty of hair to be cut. (Yes I am that cheap) She doesn't really have all that much hair to cut, so I decided we would just do a bang trim/over the ear cut instead ($5.99). We put her up in the chair and she started to cry before the lady even started. It was too cute.......it was like she knew what was coming! I told the lady what I wanted and she looked at me like I was stupid. She says "you don't really want to do an over the ear trim, do you?"......."yes, I do" I said. She says "ok, if you don't mind her having a mullet, I will cut it that way!"...........oh, yeah.................I didn't even think about the mullet thing. I still live in the 80's but she doesn't have to.
"Never mind, go ahead and do the bang trim and we'll call it good.......he-he!

The lady cut off about enough to land on her nose and make her more mad cause she couldn't get it off. She cried the entire time..............it was really funny and sad at the same time. Since there wasn't much to cut, I have decided it was her First Unofficial Haircut, there wasn't anything to collect and save for her scrapbook.............I think it all blew away when she was crying.



When her bang trim was done, she got down and found her way to the fun animal chairs and smiled from ear to ear. I couldn't help but put her up on the purple and yellow hippo to make her happy for a minute before we had to go. She loved it, she sat on that thing for about 5 minutes and then cried when I had to take her down.


2 comments:

Misty said...

Awww. But it looks better anyway!

Dave Hahn said...

Too cute. Poor baby with a mean mommy making her have a hair cut. You should have gone with the mullet.