CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Baby Talk..........


Have you ever noticed that there is almost always a "friendly" competition/comparison between friends with how advanced their kids are?! Well, my BFF and I have babies that are 5 weeks apart (same number of weeks apart during our pregnancies...cute huh!). I have a little girl named Kenny (nick-name) and she has a little boy named Spanky (also a nick-name). I use nick-names to protect them from embarrassment when they get older. Anyways, we don't see each other too often cause she picked up her kids and moved as far away from me as she could get, or at least as far as her husband would take her. LOL, they moved away to be close to family but, I have to tease her to show her I love her.........so, since we don't see each other too much I read her blogs to make myself feel better. Today she blogged about how Spanky calls her "bob", cause he doesn't say "mom" yet. Well, I laugh that she wants to be called mom and not bob cause Kenny won't call me anything. When I tell her to say "mom" she shakes her head no and calls me "DADDY". I just want her to say something to set me apart from daddy and I can't get that to save my soul. I would be more than happy if she call me "BOB". While Kenny, who is 1 1/2 years old and doesn't talk very much yet, says the normal DADDY, DOGGIE, DOWN, DAT..........(do you see a trend here)?...................... Spanky is already singing his ABC's, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and has a vocabulary of a million words. It really makes a mommy stop and wonder when her little one will start to catch up. My BFF says it's cause she is 5 weeks behind but, I know she is just trying to make me feel better. I would just like her to feel better knowing that at least her baby calls her something.

2 comments:

Dave Hahn said...

I have tears running down my face from laughing. Okay, she is just slow. Better??

Dave Hahn said...

Alright Biznatch, I nominated you for an award and if all goes well, you should get a few more visitors. Up your game and get crackin into the pit of humor I know you have. Dig out the old box of goofy stories and shit you don't want the world to know and share, share, share. You have to come visit my page for the details. Peas out.